Related Posts with Thumbnails

The proposal

I sent out an email to friends and family a few weeks ago about "the proposal". Here is part of what I wrote . . .

Dave proposed to me on Friday 9 March, after going on a walk with my father to ask permission from him. They took so look that I had changed into my pyjamas by the time they got back! Still, Dave asked me on a walk and I agreed to go. I changed my trousers and put on a jacket, but I still had my pyjama top on . . . so I told Dave at the beginning of the walk that he was not to propose to me in such an outfit! I was joking, and he didn't take any notice! We have a special rock we like to sit on at the shore near my parents' home, overlooking the water. We have sat there several times at night, including on New Year's Eve and Valentine's Day. Dave asked me to marry him while we sat on "our rock", listening to the sound of the water. I said "um, um, yes" giggle, giggle. I had plans of profound comments like "Yes, I am sure you will always love me and be a good father to our hypothetical children" should such an occasion arise, but in the end "yes" was enough.


Dave and I usually only visit "our rock" at night, but last Monday we enjoyed a mid-afternoon picnic there! It was fun! My future sister-in-law Jen gave us the hamper for Christmas. In my last post, I forgot to write that my brother also became engaged during my blogging break! He flew his girlfriend Jen to Sydney for the day so he could propose on the beach below Taronga Zoo! My family is going to have a busy year, with two weddings in the space of less than three months. Dave and I are planning to marry on August 18, and Aidan and Jen on November 3.

The Borg –   – (April 16, 2007 at 10:36 PM)  

Do you and Dave go down to that rock unchaperoned at night?

Sherrin  – (April 17, 2007 at 2:29 PM)  

Ah Shiloh, I know it is shocking but it is nonetheless true! As you know, we have a no kissing rule so we are not terribly afaid of engaging in unseemly activities while we sit on our rock :). Although perhaps our conversations should be monitored . . . far too much talk about hypothetical children!

The Borg –   – (April 17, 2007 at 6:27 PM)  

Just as long as you talk about the babies not the way the babies get there. ;)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP