Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bible and singing with baby


Since having a baby, I've been looking for ways to continue to spend time with God and to include our son in this. I have realised that some of the devotional activities I enjoyed doing before Elnathan was born can now be done with him. For a long time I have enjoyed memorising scripture and singing praise songs. Both of these activities are great to do with a baby. I now have a time in our schedule where we do this together. I have been able to learn Psalm 103 simply by reading it with Elnathan most days. Now we are reading Psalm 145 and I have already been able to a lot of this. I have a folder of praise songs printed out from the Internet and collected from church services. I usually sing 2 - 3 with Elnathan. We use rattles as instruments to shake while I sing. Having Bible memory and singing time with Elnathan accomplishes two purposes. I am able to continue with these activities, which are enjoyable and important. Elnathan is learning that doing these things is a normal part of life, and he is becoming more familiar with the Bible and with praise songs. All this is accomplished in about 10 minutes a day!

Anonymous –   – (March 30, 2010 at 9:39 AM)  

What a great thing to do! Elnathan is sure to develop a love for God and a love for His creation in the way you bring him up! Blessings, Glenys

Faith  – (March 31, 2010 at 4:54 AM)  

That is wonderful!! i used to pop in a cd of praise and worship music for the car rides to errands, etc. also. Both of my children LOVE to worship...I hope it carries over into their adulthood :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP