Related Posts with Thumbnails

iSonto #39

This week we are thankful for the positive week Dave has had at a conference in Portugal and the hours of respite God has provided for me here at home being a solo parent for two weeks.


We have also seen some improvement in Nate's artistic works as he drew his first vaguely recognisable picture . . . maybe it is just mother love but I think this really could be thought of as trees with leaves.

Elnathan was a source of laughter when he decided he was Maisy taking Tallula for a walk up and down the corridor.


Natey's memory verse was   Psalm 121 "I will lift my eyes to the hills, from whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord Who made heaven and earth. It was also my verse for trusting God to provide all our needs right now.

Mercy was shaping up to be a poser, saying "smile" when the camera came out and then requesting "more" pictures. She also said "circle" for the first time while doing her favourite puzzle here. Mercy is beginning to put two words together and always reminds me of the lovely bird sounds with her exclamations of "birdie" and "noise" whenever she hears them.


A book we enjoyed together was "Look inside an airport", one of those books with a crazy number of flaps that are in danger of being torn apart. It is sitting on the piano right now in the hope that it will be taken back to the library relatively intact.

Encouragement, ideas and inspiration came from a Helen Young quote that reminded me to savour even these difficult days alone with the children "There is a time to treasure every fleeting minute of their childhood . . . An hour of concern today may save years of heartache tomorrow, the house will wait, the dishes will wait, the new room can wait, but children don't wait . . . God give us wisdom to see that today is the day with our children". The Old Schoolhouse Magazine is where I obtained this quote.

One funny moment was when Nate exclaimed "I have a mummy who plays cars with me all day". This is certainly not true, but playing with him for about 15 minutes was sufficient to make him think so! This morning he gave me another laugh when he informed me that "I am going to Tanzania to take care of the animals that are hurt and I have arm bands".

Faith  – (July 16, 2012 at 6:33 AM)  

oh your children are precious Sherrin. and that quote is sooo true!! Sometimes, when my children were younger, i would have women question as to why I took them to the lakes so much in the summer months or not clean my house every day. And my answer was always "I can clean the house when they are older...we are making memories that will last a life time". A house just gets dirty again and yes...I am organized, and everything is vacuumed, dusted, picked up and laundry is done when needed but i learned not to stress about those things because children are so much more important. God bless you as you continue to make memories (and play cars!!) with your children :)

Homemanager  – (July 23, 2012 at 12:54 PM)  

Sherrin! It has been a bit since I've come for a visit, but I have been thinking of you...my goodness, Elnathan and Mercy have grown soooo fast!! They are beautiful! I'm so happy for you! Thanks for sharing your joy!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP