Related Posts with Thumbnails

Evandale

I was blessed to be able to visit one of Tasmania's historic towns, Evandale, on April 1. Tasmania has many quaint historical towns that are fun to explore, and I often think that I must do more sight-seeing in my own state. For some reason, travelling overseas and enjoying it heaps made me determined to make the most of what my own state and country offers. I am now more eager to take opportunities to visit historic places, museums, parks, or Art Galleries. I only had about half an hour in Evandale, but it is amazing what I saw in that time :).

I thought of Deb when I saw these cute buildings with lavender growing in front. I remembered that Deb enjoyed the picture of a cottage with lavender in front of it that I posted in "Enjoying the North".


































I loved the old churches, one on each side of the road and both "St Andrews". The Uniting church used to be Prebyterian. They must have loved the preacher they had from the 1830s - 1870s, because the prominent monument out the front is dedicated to him. I would like to know more about him! I am encouraged when I see the old churches that dot the landscape. They show that in the midst of the hardship of settling a new land, our forebears made church a priority. This is a heritage I can be thankful for. The other church pictured is Anglican (called Episcopal in the USA).










































It was also fun to see the leaves turning.





















Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP