Related Posts with Thumbnails

Steve Irwin's death

Here in Australia, the death of Steve Irwin is a frequent topic of conversation here in Australia. Even I have nearly shed a few tears over the descriptions of his death, and the fact that they have footage of it, and I definitely would not describe myself as a fan! I know that Irwin's death has also been big news in the USA, as he was even more popular over there.

Apparantly Steve Irwin's widow Terri is a Christian and she homeschools using the same curriculum that I use where I work. So we can be praying that she will find her comfort and strength in God.

I was interested to read a story on the Creation Ministries International about Irwin's death. In some ways it seemed insensitive to use his death to put across our own religious ideas. However, we all have to make sense of death in some way. I have read numerous articles in The Australian exploring the death from various perspectives. Explaining how various ideas can be answered and understood from a creationist perspective is helpful. Check out the article: The stingray of death.

Mike Jolly has also written about death in the context of Irwin's unexpected demise. Check out his article here. As he says, what are you living for? Is life all about doing what you love, or is there something more?

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP